Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Comparison: 2014 Ford Mustang Boss 302 vs. 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Personally, I prefer a more subtle car, such as an Audi or BMW, but some people who have $50,000 to spend on a car get one of these two loud, crazy, obnoxious muscle cars. But even though I am not a fan, they still are quite incredible. 

2. Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    When the new-gen Camaro was released, I expected Chevy to put maybe a 4.5 or 5.0 liter V8 in the new Camaro, but instead, they carried over the new 7.0 liter LS7 V8 that now produces 500 hp and 470 pound-feet of torque. Even if it does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, it somehow doesn't impress me at all. The interior is junky, the exterior is essentially the same, and its base price is $33,390 more than the Mustang's. It is pretty good on the track, and has good handling and cornering numbers, but isn't as exciting and extravagant as a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, which always seems to want to kill the driver. I don't love the Z28, and I am definitely not proud of Chevy for creating such a disappointment. 





1. Ford Mustang Boss 302

     I guess if I had to choose one of the many muscle cars on the market today, I would take the Mustang, mainly because I support the Ford company more than Chrysler or Chevy, so I would take the Mustang. I like the engine selection better, I like the interior better, and I just prefer the feel of it. The Boss 302 has a 5.0 liter V8 that produces 444 hp and 380 pound-feet of torque. So, power is a bit down from the Camaro but is still crazy. 0-60 takes 4.1 seconds, which isn't faster, but is still noticed by crazy car fanatics who look extremely close at each performance number. And I like the Mustang, I like it more than the Camaro, it just isn't what I'd spend my money on.




No comments:

Post a Comment