Monday, May 19, 2014

Comparison: 2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS vs. 2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo S

    Okay, so we know that the  Maserati Quattroporte is better than the Jaguar XJR, but is there another rival for this beautiful speed monster? Truth be told, there is. Its name: the Porsche Panamera Turbo S. I am aware of the fact that many people are not very fond of the Panamera's styling (and by that, I mean can't stand), but I am one of the few people that actually think it is really cool. But what about more important things, like performance, amenities, or value? The Porsche might fall short in that department, thanks to its $180,000 base price. But which car is truly better? 

2. Porsche Panamera Turbo S

    Now you may think this loss is unfair, considering that the Panamera is faster, more powerful, and has better performance. But in reality, the Panamera is way too expensive and not worth the near-Bentley price. Even though it isn't worth the massive price, it still has a lot of things that the Quattroporte doesn't. For example, it has a 550-hp, twin-turbo, 4.8 liter V8 that makes the car do 60mph in a staggering 3.6 seconds. That's as fast as a Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG, which is half the size and is a sports car. But that's what the Panamera wants to be: a sports car, but it knows it has to be a sedan, which totally ruins the character of the car.





1. Maserati Quattroporte GTS

    I don't know why, but for some reason, I just love the Quattroporte. I see them every once in a while, and definitely less than I see Panameras. I see a LOT of Panameras, and honestly, I've got a little sick of them. But one really cool thing about the Quattroporte: the 3.8 liter twin-turbocharged V8 that produces 523 hp and 524 pound-feet of torque. Thanks to the massive torque figure, the car does 0-60 in a 1.1-seconds-slower-than-the-Panamera 4.7 seconds, which is a little slow for a car in this class. One pro for the Quattroporte: gorgeous interior. It is just absolutely beautiful, even if the 8.4-inch nav screen is Chrysler sourced.



BTW: Sorry I haven't been posting for a little while, I've just been really busy.

1 comment:

  1. I actually think they have kind of a similar look. The Maserati wins for its script, but I think overall the Panamera exterior is just a little prettier.

    ReplyDelete