Friday, June 27, 2014

2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith Review

    Two questions: one: why did Rolls-Royce really bother with a sports car? And two: is their creation any good? To the first one I say: don't know, don't care. To the second one I say: they should have focused on performance and power more than luxury if they really wanted to make a great sports car/ grand tourer. In my opinion, the Wraith is too big and isn't really any smaller or sportier-looking than the car it is based on, the Ghost. I still like the look, and I like Rolls-Royce, but I think their standard look doesn't really work on a sports car. The engine is plenty powerful, cranking out 624 hp and 590 pound-feet of torque. That's more than a Bentley Continental GT, this car's main competitor. 0-60 takes 4.4 seconds, which matches the Conti Gt, but isn't actually that fast, compared to today's sports-car standards. They haven't slouched on the luxurious side of things, considering that this car can be optioned with a light-up headliner that mimics a starry night sky and has hand-carved wood and stitched leather. As I mentioned earlier, I feel that this car needs improvement on the handling and performance side of things more than luxury because Rolls-Royce is used to big limousines, not high-performance coupes, so they should work harder on that, and not the stuff they're used to. And to tie it all together, the Wraith's base price is an obscene $284,900 before optioned to meet the high expectations of it's possible buyers.  





No comments:

Post a Comment