Sunday, June 22, 2014

2015 McLaren 650S Review

       Designed to become the brand's new flagship super-coupe, the 650S is pretty much stealing the 12C's thunder. Why'd they do that? The 12C is a perfectly capable performance car, so why shove it out of the way? In the 650S's defense, the 650S has 641 hp, 25 more than the 12C. It also does 0-60 faster, in a more-than-substantial 2.8 seconds, which matches the Porsche 911 Turbo S and beats the Lamborghini Aventador and Ferrari F12, which is what McLaren hoped to achieve. The engine displacement stays the same, with a relatively small 3.8 liters. I was in L.A. this past week and I saw a shiny-new 650S in downtown Beverly Hills. It looks nice in pictures, but in person, it just shows the 12C up in styling. It was gorgeous. Compared to some of the other sports cars I saw there, that car was by far the most beautiful. And it has every right to be, thanks to its P1 hypercar cousin and F1 ancestor, which are both incredible to look at. 

BTW: I've been in L.A. for the past week (like I mentioned), so I haven't been able to post as consistently as I usually do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment