Monday, July 14, 2014

2014 Lexus IS F Review

    When I first heard about the Lexus IS F, I thought it had some sort of V6 like most small sports sedans, like the Audi S4 or the BMW M3. But I eventually learned that it has a 5.0 liter V8 that produces a whopping 416 hp and 371 pound-feet of torque. It doesn't sound like much compared to the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG's 507 hp, but when you consider the size of the car and the size of the engine being put in the car, you realize that that's a ton of power to put in such a small car. The interior doesn't really do anything for me. When I see it, I think of some sort of nice family SUV, which is essentially what Lexus is known for. I like it, and it seems nice, it just isn't that exciting. But the performance definitely is. 0-60 takes 4.6 seconds, which is plenty fast, and the top speed is claimed at 170 mph. What I don't get is why you would buy this over an M3 or an S4. It just isn't nearly as rewarding to drive or even to just look at. 

Here's the link to the Lexus site:
http://www.lexus.com/models/ISF/specifications




No comments:

Post a Comment