Wednesday, April 30, 2014

2014 Audi A8L W12 Review

    Among the fleet of massive, powerful executive sedans is the Audi A8L W12, which stands by the Mercedes-Benz S600 and the BMW 760Li. All of these military-grade powerplants have potent V12s and sumptuous interiors. So, if you had the choice of any one of these three limousines, which would you take? I would take the A8L. And you know why? It's because I find the A8L more understated and, if you can take it, more luxurious. Don't get me wrong, I like the 7-Series and S-Class quite a lot, but I happen to like the A8L slightly more. It might be because of its engine, which happens to be a massive 6.3 liter W12 that makes 500 hp and 463 pound-feet of torque. I don't understand, why didn't they use the signature Volkswagen Group 6.0 liter W12? It makes more power and is more reputable, so why not use that? I do like the interior quite a lot, just having refreshed my memory by sitting in one and it reminded me how nice of a place to be it is. I could spend a 5-6 hour road trip in this cabin and not get out once, thanks to the rear seats that massage your back and can be heated or ventilated. There is also two adjustable flat-screens on the seatbacks hooked up to the Audi MMI system, so you can use the navigation or watch a video. If you get thirsty, there's a decentely sized mini fridge that can hold a champaigne bottle or two.




Nice, Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment