Saturday, April 26, 2014

2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4S Review

    As one of the 911's biggest fans, I find it almost obligatory to write about the most interesting variant of the 911: the 911 Targa 4S. It has a rather inadequate (and slightly boring) 3.8 liter boxer flat-6 that produces 400 hp and 325 pound-feet of torque. I find this engine a little underpowered to be put in a 911 and I wish they would do some sort of 911 Targa Turbo S, which would be insane (the good kind). 0-60 takes 4.4 seconds, which is slower than a Corvette Stingray, which is exactly the opposite of what Porsche should be doing. They should make the standard 911 faster than the Corvette and tell Chevy to put a sock in it, which is what I would say to them for advice on how to not be obnoxious. Anyway, The interior is all business, with very supportive seats, lots of buttons, and an optional Porsche Doppelkupplung (no idea what it is). You can get seatbelts matching the exterior color as well as a painted key fob. I love the 911, and I always will love it, I just want the model list to be smaller.





No comments:

Post a Comment