Thursday, April 24, 2014

2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder Review

    I find the Audi R8's styling very futuristic and modern, even though I am not the biggest Audi fan. I didn't like the A4 and the A6, and I definitely do not like the Q5. But there are some exceptions, like the A8L, the S7, and the R8. The R8 Spyder is probably the most practical un-practical supercar out there, with good ergonomics, practical touches, and you can tell Audi engineers did not completely focus on the handling and the powertrain. I do really like the led-rimmed headlights and the air vents directly below the tail-lights. The engine is a Lamborghini-sourced 5.2 liter V10 that produces 525 hp, and all of that power goes to all four wheels, thanks to Audi's "best-in-the-business" Quattro AWD system. 0-60 takes 3.6 seconds, which is only 3/10s of a second slower than the S6, which is a big sedan that costs less than half as much. The interior is nicely done, with hand-quilted Nappa leather and the standard Audi MMI navigation, which is a total copy of BMW's iDrive system. I think the best phrase to describe Audi's creation is "inspired by others."



No comments:

Post a Comment